New techniques and tools for cancer treatment at OhioHealth.
Much of what is possible today was not just a few short years ago. And the thought of what will be possible tomorrow is what keeps us striving for leading-edge breakthroughs.
Devices like the daVinci™ Surgical System robot expand the surgical treatment options for cancer patients. With this advanced, minimally invasive instrument, there is less trauma for the patient, less risk of complications, and faster overall recovery time.
Other advanced techniques, tools and treatments available across the OhioHealth system include:
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Intracranial stereotactic radiosurgery
- Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy
- Respiratory gating
- High-dose rate brachytherapy for a variety of cancers
- Intracavitary brachytherapy
- Interstitial brachytherapy
- Radioactive prostate seed implants
- Radioisotope therapy
- 3-D conformal treatment planning
- Wide Bore CT
- Positron Emission Mammography (PEM)
View our 2011 Annual Reports for Cancer Services
In these reports you will find information regarding cancer services at OhioHealth including; Clinical Research, Advanced Technology and Innovations.
OhioHealth Doctors Hospital Cancer Services 2011 Annual Report
OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital Cancer Services 2011 Annual Report
|Good to Know
|Less than 6
Average number of days from referral to diagnosis for lung cancer treatment. For the great majority of patients, time from diagnosis to treatment is less than 30 days.
Source: Doctors Hospital 2010